- 2 ounces Vapid Vodka
- ½ ounce fresh lime Juice
- 4-6 ounces spicy ginger beer (Q or Fever Tree), chilled
- 3 sprigs mint
Fill a copper mug with cracked ice, build drink in mug. Draw the mint into a bouquet and concuss between the palms to release oils. Garnish drink with lime wedge and mint bouquet. Serve immediately.
- 1 ounce Astral Pacific Gin
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 dash orange bitters (Regan’s)
- 1 strip of lemon zest
Chill a cocktail goblet, coupe or small martini glass. Fill a mixing glass with ice, add gin, vermouth, and bitters. Stir and strain into vessel. Express lemon peel over drink, and place on the rim of the glass. Serve immediately.
The Last Word
- ⅔ ounce Astral Pacific Gin
- ⅔ ounce Green Chartreuse
- ⅔ ounce Maraschino Liqueur
- ⅔ ounce Fresh lime Juice
Chill a sour goblet or coupe. Fill a shaker with ice, add Gin, Chartreuse, Maraschino liqueur, and lime juice. Shake and double strain into vessel. Garnish with a Maraschino cherry. Serve immediately.
Cred. Ted Saucier, Bottoms Up!, 1951
Originated at Detroit Athletic Club, USA circa 1920
The Bird of Paradise Fizz
- 3 ounces Astral Pacific Gin
- 1½ ounces fresh lime juice
- ¾ ounce Chambord (or 3 teaspoons 50-brix raspberry syrup)
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1 ounce club soda (or more to taste)
- 3 dashes orange flower water
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1 strip lime zest
Chill a squall or other tall glass. Fill a shaker with cracked ice, add gin, cream, lime, egg white, and Chambord. Shake and pour unstrained into vessel, leaving room. Add orange flower water, top with soda and stir. Serve immediately.
Cred. Charles Baker, The Gentleman’s Companion, 1939
Originated at the Stranger’s Club, Panama circa 1920
- 1½ ounces Astral Pacific Gin
- ½ ounce Aperol
- 2 ounces Grapefruit juice
Chill a cocktail glass. Fill shaker with ice, add gin, Aperol, and grapefruit juice. Shake and double-strain into vessel. Express grapefruit peel over drink, and place on the rim of the glass. Serve immediately.
Cred. Morgan McLachlan
Gin + Tonic
- 2 ounces Astral Pacific Gin
- 4 ounces Fever Tree Tonic Water (or ⅔ ounce John’s Premium Tonic syrup + 3⅓ ounce Fever Tree soda water)
- 1 lime wedge (or ½ a key lime)
Chill a cooler tumbler or double old-fashioned glass. Fill glass with ice, build drink in glass- if using syrup, mix with gin before adding soda. Score lime wedge and place on the rim of the glass. Serve immediately.